· Tax incentives for local small businesses already invested in our community
· Create new infrastructure jobs
· Increase quality affordable housing
· Improve environmental conditions - in particular, water quality and street maintenance
· Improve the transportation system to properly connect people to jobs and provide transit, pedestrian and bicycle facilities
· Improve communication and transparency
· Hold monthly resource fairs throughout the district
· Provide an equal level of access to public facilities — such as parks, street maintenance, libraries, and post offices — found in other parts of the city
· Support true community code, public safety and engagement
· Consistently provide additional resources to unstable neighborhoods
· Revitalize and improve conditions in the District with community amenities and supportive services
"Zip codes matter... but the people in them matter more." - Charlene Henderson
(JOBS) Building communities based on employment solutions, justice, equality and mutual respect.
Bringing forth positive and measurable change to ALL communities in which we live. EQUAL ACCESS TO THE RESOURCES.
(JUSTICE) Creating sound relationships between community and law enforcement that strive to keep our communities safe.
We are building community capacity and making engagement work. It involves connecting community stakeholders with the local city leaders to be more involved. Giving every stakeholder and community demographic person a voice and every decision maker the insights they need.